The venue is at the Thünen Institute Forum in Brunswick (Braunschweig). The Forum is located on the Thünen Institutes Campus at the western outskirts of Brunswick.
Entrance Bundesallee 50 – 38116 – Brunswick (Lower-Saxony)
Campus Map You can find a map of the Thünen Institute campus here
Arriving By Plane
Even though Brunswick has its own airport it not used for international public transport flights, but as research airport. Nevertheless Brunswick is located between Hannover (HAJ) and Berlin (TXL for Tegel, SXF for Schönefeld) - both large cities with international airports.
- Hannover Airport, transfer to main train station and then continue by train (hourly ICE and IC connections to Braunschweig).
- Berlin Tegel or Berlin Schönefeld, transfer to main train station and then continue by train (hourly ICE connections to Braunschweig).
Arriving By Train
Destination station is Braunschweig Main Station. Travel Information for the German Railroad (Deutsche Bahn) is available here. Continue your trip with a taxi or public transportation (public buses require about 30 minutes). Bus stations are located directly in front of the railway station. Bus line 411 in the direction “Lamme” or 461 in the direction “Lehndorf, PTB”. Get off at the “Bundesallee” stop. The bus stop is directly at the entrance of the Thünen campus. Since the campus is very large, either plan for a long walk or have your host pick you up at the main entrance. For example, the walk from the main entrance to the Forum, the central event venue, takes about 15 minutes.
Schedules for the public buses of Braunschweig can be found here.
Arriving By Car
Brunswick is accessible from both the German Autobahn A 2 Berlin-Dortmund (East-West) and the A 39 Braunschweig-Salzgitter (North-South).
- Coming from Dortmund (A 2): Exit the Autobahn at Braunschweig-Watenbüttel heading towards Braunschweig. Continue on the B 214 to Watenbüttel, make a right at the second light, and follow the road for about 2 km, then you will find the entrance gate on the right.
- Coming from Berlin (A 2): Exit the Autobahn at Braunschweig Nord onto the A 391 heading toward Kassel. Exit the A 391 at Braunschweig-Lehndorf, turn right and follow the street for about 3 km. Then you will see the entrance gate straight ahead.
- Coming from Kassel (A 7) and Salzgitter (A 39): Exit the Autobahn from Kassel at the Dreieck Salzgitter onto the A 39 towards Berlin/Braunschweig. At the Dreieck Braunschweig-Südwest exit to the A 391 to the Braunschweig-Lehndorf Exit, travel toward Lehndorf. After about 3 km you will see the entrance gate straight ahead.
Getting around in Brunswick
On Foot The Thünen Institute is located at the western outskirts of Brunswick. Walking from Brunswick central city will take quite some time.
By Bus The venues destination stop is called ‘Bundesallee’ and will be served by lines 411, 433, 461 and 560 - as displayed on the interactice plan.
By Taxi You can call or book a taxi: mini car +49 531 55 0 50.
By Bike Brunswick is quite flat and the lanes are mostly okay for cyclists. If you want to go by bike, go to the Call a Bike site and find out how to book a bike.
By Car You can rent a car at several car rental sites in brunswick, eg SIXT (use eg. Brunswick Main Train Station), AVIS and others.